Sunday, July 5, 2009

Hello

I am an undergraduate Economics and Math major at the University of Wisconsin - Madison. Please forgive me for writing the blog anonymously, but I will be applying for full-time jobs and/or grad school this fall, and do not want a Google search to yield a record of my political views and poor grammar.

I chose to start a blog this summer about economics, current events and politics for several reasons. First, I am intensely interested in public policy and politics, and wanted a way to express my views outside of informal conversations with friends and the traditional avenue of student groups. Second, I am generally pretty busy during the semester and this will likely continue in the form of a job or grad school after I graduate, so it's kinda now or never to do something I've been meaning to do for quite sometime. Finally, while I have well defined views on certain topics, I tend to go back and forth on others and hope that writing about these will help me (and hopefully readers) see the options and ultimately take a position.

I encourage you to join the discussion or send me feed back by posting a comment or sending me an email at bascomhillexchange at gmail dot com.

No comments:

Post a Comment